Monday, June 2, 2008

The Weekend

Went to a wedding.
Was pretty or so i was told by my wife.
My wife looked hot in her bridesmaid dress!
Talked about music with a real musician.
Got home too late.
Woke up and went to church.


That was pretty much my weekend in a nutshell.  Went and did the wedding thing and then came home.  I can say that I am glad the weddings or over with for a while.  Weddings are fun, but they take up an entire weekend of your time and that my friends is Bogus.  

However, while at this wedding I did have a lot of free time, and by a lot i mean 6 hours worth of free time.  During this free time a got to talking to God.  God revealed to me several things though this time spent with Him.

1. I need to be more consistent in my quiet times and reading my Bible.-  This is something that I tell my youth is vital to there spiritual growth and it is.  It is vital to every Christians spiritual growth.  My quiet times had been laking in the past few weeks.  God showed me that I need to work on this area of my life.  I admit that I have fallen short in this area of my life, and with Gods help I am going to strive to do better.

2.  I need to start being real with my youth.-  Yeah i teach them on Wednesday and Sunday nights, but for some reason I have felt like I have been lacking in my preperation and overall deliverance to them.  This is something that hurts me and is something that I have had to ask God to forgive me of.  The youth deserve for me to be real with them and that is what I am going to start doing.

The God I serve is a loving, mercy making, and grace giving God.  My Gods Love abounds from one end of the world 70 time 7.  My God is alive.  My God conquored the death.  My God loves everyone.  My God is THE God!

Grace and Mercy Jer. 33:3  

No comments: