Monday, May 18, 2009

Redeeming Rides

So, after my last blog being noting but a rant i thought I would actually write something relevant.  One of my favorite things to do when traveling is to listen to a sermon.  Mark Driscoll calls this a redeeming ride.  My wife and I where ever we are going usually are listening to a sermon usually by Mark Driscoll.  This has really become one of my favorite things to do in the world.  There are several reasons why.

One I am spending time with my wife in a car listening to someone talk about God.  I mean how much better can it get?  

Two, it gives my wife and I something to talk about.  It is not like in church when you have to wait until the sermon is over with to talk about it.  All we have to do is hit the pause button and we can talk about what was just said.  This gives us a time to discuss our opinions about things, and find out more about what we believe as individuals.  My wife is my favorite person to talk to the Bible about.  I would not trade these redeeming rides for anything.

I encourage ya'll to try having a redeeming ride.  Instead of listening to all the crap that they call music today on the radio.  Find copies of your favorite preachers sermons and listen to them.  Most pastors are now available on Podcast through iTunes or on the church's web site.  If you do not have a favorite check out these guys Mark Driscoll, John Piper, and David Platt.

Grace and Mercy,
Daniel

P.S.- LSU won the SEC West this weekend in baseball and is the number 1 seed in the SEC tournament.  GEAUX TIGERS!  

No comments: